Monday, June 06, 2005

 

Tech Talk

I'm pretty much a software guy, and listed are some interesting projects I've done and am doing ...

goWallpapers.com
Always had a hobby of sorts of collecting wallpapers, thought why not put my collection up for download ... from that was born goWallpapers.com ( originally getWallpapers.com, lost that domain to some corporate bassa ). Did the website in ASP back in 2001 when there was no .NET or atleast I hadn't heard about it. Recently moved it to ASP.NET as things have gotten clearer in me mind (the concepts n all).

AddressBook
A pretty straight-forward information management utility with an XML data store. First dip into working with XML at the back-end, nice stuff.

Automated Teller Machine
My first year project, made solely in C/C++.

I've taken the following projects this year for subjects of Software Engineering and Database Management Systems respectively ...

LAN Messenger
A network messaging utility that gives its users the ability to have text and audio conversations. The audio part is something totally new to me. I am almost done with the text-bit. Making this on Visual C#.NET with the help of System.Net.Sockets.

For the audio bit, I plan to use the Managed DirectX Libraries. I have got my hands on DirectX 9 SDK, which has some really good samples and documentation for using DirectSound and DirectPlay.

Open-Course Ware (OCW)
The idea is inspired by MIT OCW ( http://ocw.mit.edu ), although will not developed at the same scale as that. Me and my team are supposed to develop an OCW system for our department that will provide visitors the ability to download Lecture Notes, Assignments, Related Tools etc. for each available course. Teachers will have their own separate accounts, so they can upload new test schedules, assignments n stuff.

The project is very much in its design phase right now. We have come up with the Database Design for this, I may post it here ... its open course-ware, so might as well be open-source :)

Comments:

Post a Comment



<< Home